I'm always such a sucker for these. I've been sent these via email and saw this on Doug Johnson's Blue Skunk Blog and couldn't resist reposting. Here goes...
THE 99 THINGS MEME
Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to - leave in plain font
1. Started your own blog.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band.- would need a bucket to carry a tune
4. Visited Hawaii.- cannot afford milk there so I don't want to go :)
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. Only if baggers at the commissary count or the bell ringers
7. Been to Disneyland/world.
8. Climbed a mountain. (Define mountain.)- with two small kids- thank you Steve and Adam for the help!
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo.- again, the need for a bucket
11. Bungee jumped. I don't even like roller coasters anymore
12. Visited Paris.-I'm quite jealous of Heather's engagement here. How beautiful!
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.- This seems like a bad combo to me
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. Scrapbookers are artists
15. Adopted a child. It's been a while since I've had a student that needed adopting.
16. Had food poisoning. Thanksgiving 2000. Courtesy of the mom in law and 8 AM turkey :)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. It's been closed every time I've been. Though more dangerous was taking a group of 20 A-school kids- YIKES!
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. Isn't that what mental health days are for??
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a marathon. But the kind of marathon Anne was talking about with beer stations and not as long :)
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.- Watching Superman was plenty :)
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. This could be complicated
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language. Sign Language- this is especially helpful in the car or in class when trying to talk to someone
37.Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person.
41. Sung Karaoke. Ahhh, only D-I-V-O-R-C-E with Nancy with one eye closed for a friend that had just signed his papers.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. Courtesy of the parentals.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. The best way to get engaged.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater.
55. Been in a movie. Convinced classmates I was in A League of thier Own once :)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason. Because children are wonderful
64. Donated blood. Does giving plasma for $ count??
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check. Not in a really long time thankfully. Carlie, Amy and I were just talking about this Monday.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. Kermit and Ted Edward have special places in our house.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar. Yuck!
72. Pieced a quilt. Would not win any prizes for accuracy.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades. Alligators!!
75. Been fired from a job. Only once- cleaning offices and it was my fault for mouthing off.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
77. Broken a bone. Pinky :)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. I was four and it seemed like we were speeding, but my perception could (possibly) be wrong.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car. Totally against this-- too much $$
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. Mostly not my face- hands and back of my head
85. Read the entire Bible. most of it
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. I was mostly the help.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life. I like to think so-- but not as often as I wanted
90. Sat on a jury. I've been called once but couldn't serve. I really was looking forward to it though
91. Met someone famous. Rainn Pryor- Richard Pryor's daughter!
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.
Been there done that, got the t-shirt: 45
Wish I had: 19
No desire: 45
Someone should probably check my math with that