Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Holiday Parties for the kids

A friend of mine sent me this picture she was able to take at Holden's holiday party. I think its quite typical for this age.
Here is Hope's party with a couple of boys that I adore:


Both classes had book exchanges and Holden was thrilled with his book. Plus, his teacher gave him a joke book. I'm thrilled because now he'll have new material. I really can't hear about the snail on a ship one more time.

Holden: What do you call a snail on a ship?
Me: I don't know. (Though he's been telling it for four years so I've got it now)
Holden: A SNAILOR!

Hope was a little stressed (as you can see) by the Cars book she got. She was concerned it was a boy book. We've moved on since then. In fact this week she's taken to renaming all of us. I'm not sure what that's about, but Tom's new name is Susan, I'm Faith and Holden was Parlene. I was tickled to hear her call Tom Susan and to have him answer. Love this age.

Check out my mad crocheting skills! I made these leg warmers for Hope the other night. Its not the most comfortable yarn, but would work over other pants. I was quite pleased with myself, but will be surprised to see if she wears them out of the house. I wish I knew how to do other stiches with crocheting. I'm pretty limited now.

My Secret Santa got me a gingerbread house kit to do with the kids and I thought it was a perfect gift! Hope and I worked on it the other night and we were able to use up Halloween candy. Holden was not so interested as Ben 10 was on and Tom kept wanting to put the eyeball candy on so he wasn't allowed to help as much. It's not exactly symmetrical, but it will do. Hope was highly agitated that it didn't have more windows on the side, but icing in my hands is only able to do so much.

FrontBack

Should also note that Hope is not a fan of pop rocks candy (the lawn for this house). It totally creeps her out.
For years we've talked about making potato latkes during Hannukah, but other things have always come up. Last night, we made time for it and had them with our pork chops-- I do realize that this is probably a major faux pas, but we're trying. They turned out pretty good.
Have a wonderful holiday!











No comments: