Sunday, February 8, 2009

Great Web Sites for the kiddos

Here are a couple of sites I'm going to use next week with the students. It's funny how so many work for kids in 1st grade through the 8th grade.

Kerpoof and Go Animate are ones we've started working with the middle school and a little with 5th and 6th grades. Right now I'm letting them play and explore and learn how to work with the site. Later this month we'll write about copyright and following the law using them.

Another site is Build Your Wild Self which I just found tonight. It lets you create a picture of yourself, but with animal parts. It is a part of the New York Zoos and Aquariums.


I also came across these pictures from China of a school that is built in a CAVE! I don't know if that means I should stop complainging about some of the issues at my school or be way impressed with thier use of natural land features?

No comments: