Monday, October 5, 2009

Fantastic Day

I've had such a fantastic day teaching today! We've accomplished so much! Part of my joy may have been that I didn't wake up with a headache. This is because we've had a gas leak in our neighborhood for a few days and they shut the gas off last night. So, I can't cook with the stove, but my head is not killing me either. No great loss on being without the stove anyway-- I'm not the greatest cook :)

Today we have organized our binders with a binder index. This is an idea that I was introduced to when team teaching with Core students in NJ. It really helps kids keep their papers in order and makes it easier for them to find what they need. I took for granted that middle school students would have some sort of organization system and be able to function. I was so seriously wrong it's ri-dic-u-lous!

We were also able to chat with a high school friend in England via Skype. It was great. And now I know that the SKYPE works so we can use it more often. Thanks so much to TSGT Hodo!

Last but not least, the bathroom fan got fixed so now it is not so scary for the littles to use the restroom at our end of the building and it doesn't give me a headache when I go in there. Woo-hoo! It's the little things people :)!

No comments: