Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving in Kentucky


It's been a while (8 years) since we have been to Kentucky for Thanksgiving. The last time we were there I was pregnant with Holden and got sick, I suspect the 8AM turkey feast. This year we arrived at 9:30 AM and the Thanksgiving spread was already laid out. I tried a little and made it through with little bathroom time. Tom and the kids were not so lucky.


I would like to make mention of the pictures. Here is Tom shortly after we arrived being put to work to clean the "crisco" out of the chimney. I'd say he did a great job given the tools he had to work with-- a long knife, a pole with about three bristles and an old metal fence post with a rope tied around it. Plus, a grumpy man telling him every few minutes that he's doing it wrong... what a good guy. While he was up there I mentioned that the gutters needed to be cleaned out and he took care of it with no complaints.





A new addition to the family was Wilbur the pig. I don't think you can tell in this picture but little Wilbur here has problems with his back legs. They are folded under so it's like he's walking on his knees. He's a cutie for now...
Before we left another pig showed up that was a little bigger and a female. We called her Charlotte, Tom called her future bacon.
These cows were also there. Notice the one on the right has a cleft lip. I didn't know that was possible in cows. It's an interesting menagerie to say the least.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: