Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hopi Rides without Training Wheels!

Last week Tom decided it was time for Hope to start riding without her training wheels. We've been trying to ride our bikes to everything on base to save gas and improve health. For the most part it works well, but when we get to a hill you can't help but feel bad for Hope while she's standing up and pumping those little legs. I've never heard her complain, but I do worry when I can't hear her training wheels skimming the ground anymore. I don't know what I'm going to do now that she's getting the hang of it.

They spent about an hour going up and down the street. She started getting the hang of it when they would go up the slight hill. I think it helped her to slow down a little. You have to give Tom credit because he ran beside her the entire time.
We thought it would be a good idea to use Holden's old bike instead of taking the training wheels on and off her bike until she's got the hang of it. I went off riding my bike, but when I got back they said she rode around the block twice and I missed it :(

I have a feeling the training wheels will be off of her bike before the end of July!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: